digital, noise, utopian matters

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

unrelational things

Or how many web 2.0 applications can I have operating at once ... and WHY.
Everyday I post out 3 events that are happening internationally in the field of media arts to my senior students. (I call it my global electronic spam). I do this on a group email list. And I often save the posts to my folder called "interesting things." I go back into them, I follow the links, I compile resasrch materials, I teach directly from these resources.
BUT
Now I've joined facebook. And I started to think maybe these resources would be better there ... is it a better research aggrogator? I'm addicted to delicious, and wonder if in the comments / notes function there are the tools I need. But these things still come at me in email.
And there are other lovely tools out there. But are the tools the answer?
They are somewhat unrelated to the material, but I guess also central to it.
more thinking needs to be done here.
su